Each year, we hire one intern to assist with the planning and implementation of the World Food & Music Festival. Our intern is an integral member of our team and helps with pretty much all aspects of the Festival in one way or another. It is a great look at how a Festival works from behind the scenes for those that are considering a career in events! Please contact Maggie with any questions you might have.
Intern will assist Festival staff in the preparation and execution of summer events and the World Food & Music Festival (WFMF) for approximately 10-15 hrs per week, starting approximately June 1st, through the WFMF (Sept. 15-17, 2017), and ending sometime in beg-mid Oct. depending on when all work is completed. Main duties will be to assist in planning for the World Food & Music Festival but may also include assisting with smaller summer events. Intern will be solely responsible for an element within the WFMF including programming before, management during, as well as follow-up after the Festival.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to: program execution, information compiling/updating, responding to email and phone calls, distributing posters, credential creation, packet creation, vendor relations, volunteer relations and manual labor. Extensive hours will be needed during set-up on Wednesday (9/13) and Thursday (9/14), each of the three days of the WFMF, and likely during the month of September leading up to the event (occasional evenings and a couple of weekends where needed). This is a paid internship.
We seek someone who is:
- Very detail-oriented
- Self-sufficient independent worker
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Enjoys manual labor and hands-on activities
- Can handle working outdoors and on their feet for long hours during the event (in any weather)
Skills we seek:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Solid writing and communication via letter writing, phone calls and emails
- Experience working on events
- Excellent time management skills are a MUST
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite or Photography are a plus (not required)
Information and applications for the 2018 Festival Internship will be available in January 2018. Please contact Maggie via email with any questions.